Position: Production Worker – Wood shop
Location: Calgary, AB (Shepard)
Hoodoo Guitars is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team!
You will work as part of our production crew in blank making and/or product sanding. Candidates must be able to produce high-quality products throughout day-to-day operations.
This position requires that you have the ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently.
About Hoodoo Guitars
Hoodoo Guitars is a growing manufacturer of electric guitars and electric guitar parts located in Calgary, Alberta. We manufacture exceptional quality proprietary guitars and Fender compatible replacement parts for our customers.
Our wood shop receives lumber, constructs blanks for bodies and necks, shapes materials by CNC and performs finish sanding by hand.
As part of our team, you will be producing world class products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform manual labour tasks including unloading, weighing and sorting lumber, and documenting materials used
- Optimize the use of imperfect lumber, cut to length, join and thickness, and cut to required shape.
- Quickly and efficiently hand sand guitar parts ensuring high quality
- Maintain and clean equipment at the end of each shift
- Abide by company Standard Operating Procedures, Forms and Work Instructions
- Practice safe work conditions, apply company Health and Safety practices and identify, correct and report unsafe conditions
- Additional duties as required and multi-task shifting priorities
- 18 years of age or older and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess a high-school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Familiar with the operation of stationary wood working equipment including Chop saw, Jointer, Planer, Bandsaw, Drill Press, Drum Sander, Table Router obtained in a commercial or education environment.
- Keen eyesight, able to recognize small defects and maintain high standards of quality
- Coachable, willing to learn and adapt
- Be willing to cross-train in other operational areas, as required
- Commitment to good housekeeping practices in and around the shop
- Reliable transportation as we are not located on a bus route
- Non-smoker who adheres to good personal hygiene practices
- At least one Covid Vaccine (certificate required)
- Attention to detail
- Dependable, punctual, proactive, and enthusiastic
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective work relationships
- Previous experience in wood product manufacturing or wood shop classes in an educational environment
- Knowledge of electric guitar construction and ability to identify various industry standard models
- Mechanical, musical and mathematical inclinations
- Forklift certification an asset
Working Conditions, Physical Requirements and Potential Hazards
- Required to supply and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to perform production tasks including eye protection, hearing protection and safety footwear
- Able to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of quality product
- Physically able to stand/sit for extended periods of time and able to lift loads up to 50lbs to successfully accomplish duties
- Inherent hazards associated with sharp hand tools, power tools and rotating machinery.
- Respiratory, explosion and fire hazard from wood dust
- Noisy environment
- Repetitive motions
- Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm (8hr shift with 30 minute lunch break)
- Some flexibility available in shift days and hours
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting wage of $18-$20 per hour depending on experience. $1 increase after 6mos, $1 annual merit increases plus cost of living
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration, outlining any related skills that would make you an ideal candidate for this role.